The allied health science major provides an exceptional and innovative learning experience for students who will become healthcare professionals. 我们毕业时素质很高, diverse healthcare professionals well prepared for a changing healthcare workforce — professionally trained in patient- and family-centered care and professional collaboration.
- B.A. 联合健康科学
专职健康科学专业: Prepare For A Career in Health Care
The allied health science curriculum encompasses both natural science and behavioral science in its broad interdisciplinary curriculum, concentrating on health-related issues and health outcomes. The program combines laboratory science classes with courses essential for solving problems, 在跨专业的医疗团队工作, and analyzing data - skills needed in the health care field.
A degree in allied health science can lead to a wide variety of careers as a physician assistant, 物理治疗师, 脊椎指压治疗者, 职业治疗师, 流行病学家, 医疗保健管理员, 药剂师, 医生, 或者运动教练.
“I had the awesome opportunity of doing a work-study in the athletic training facility. This has been such an amazing experience and has given me a chance to connect with the incredible athletic trainers here on campus.”
“I chose Carthage for the close-knit atmosphere. This was evident when I did my first tour. No matter where I am on campus, I always see a familiar face.”
“Allied health science comes with so many opportunities when you graduate. One of the first classes I took showed us all the different health care careers that we could go into, and it showed how they all worked together which I thought was really cool.”
“Allied health science is a very diverse program and ultimately prepares you to be the best provider you can be in the field.”
“The allied health science major will prepare you for your professional life. Something unique to Carthage is the jump-start experiences. These give first-year students the opportunity to learn hands-on skills that will help them later in life.”
We believe that developing healthcare professionals who can effectively work within an interprofessional team while thinking critically and integrating evidence into practice is essential.
- Provide students with a multidisciplinary foundation in health sciences to prepare them for careers in the healthcare industry.
- Prepare highly competent professionals who improve health outcomes by excelling in interprofessional communication, 团队合作, 并交付安全, 道德, 以病人为中心的护理.
- Develop individuals who can formulate appropriate questions, organize and test hypotheses and apply research results to improve health care outcomes.
When you’re an allied health science major at Carthage, 你要修生物课和选修课, 化学, 运动与运动科学, 和物理. 你的课程将包括结构运动学, 运动训练概论, 医疗信息, 循证实践.
课堂之外, you can advance your skills and expertise through workshops, 出国留学, 还有学生组织. Here’s a look at some experiential learning opportunities:
- 启动经验- Get a “jump-start” toward the health care profession through faculty-led workshops and other mentor-guided activities.
- 〇大报告会 Weekly physician-led workshops keep allied health science students updated on developments outside their core studies while assisting them with inter-professional communication skills.
- 〇短期留学 Regardless of what healthcare career path you may travel, 对多样性的理解, 股本, 包容是必要的. 在网投信用最好平台, you can 出国留学 to experience other cultures firsthand and learn about medical care in other countries. Options include a twice-yearly medical mission trip to Nicaragua, where students volunteer in rural medical clinics on the island of Ometepe.
- 导师网络 Aspiring healthcare professionals consult frequently with faculty mentors and Aspire Center career specialists to select courses that match their abilities and goals. Carthage pre-health students can participate in activities such as interviewing and resume-building workshops.
- 〇学生团体 AHS majors frequently choose to be involved in Carthage’s Pre-Health Club, 是, 及运动训练俱乐部.
According to PayScale, the average salary for a U.S. worker with a bachelor’s degree in health science is $63,000. 美国.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts employment in the healthcare industry will grow much faster than the average for all occupations. The federal agency expects employment growth to continue at 18 percent through 2026. 结果是2.4 million new jobs in healthcare, including allied health care.
Aspiring health care professionals consult with a faculty coordinator to select courses that match their abilities and goals.
Carthage offers a five-year path to a Master of 艺术 degree in athletic training, 将典型路线缩短了整整一年. AHS majors can apply to enter the professional phase of the program as juniors. Complete your first three years as an allied health science major, 在被硕士项目录取后, complete the graduate-level courses over two years. You’d graduate with a bachelor’s degree in allied health science and a master’s degree in athletic training in just five years.
Receive both a bachelor’s degree from Carthage and a Master of Public Health from the Medical College of Wisconsin in just five years. Carthage students may enroll in the Medical College of Wisconsin’s online graduate public health program prior to graduation from Carthage. Up to 15 credits of this graduate work may count toward both the undergraduate and graduate degrees. 从网投信用最好平台毕业后, these students continue as graduate students at MCW for approximately one additional year until they complete the Master of Public Health program.